Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review: Tarot Spreads and Layouts by Jeanne Friorini

Hey Lovelies!
I've recently decided to get into some book reviews regarding the tarot and other divination devices! So I figured why not jump in with both feet right? Recently I was sent a copy of Tarot Spreads & Layouts by Jeanne Fiorini. I immediately noticed in the bio that she is a contributing columnist for the American Tarot Association. I was a mentor for this same group over a year ago so I was very familiar with the quality of readers, enthusiasts, and philosophers, I couldn't wait to read the book. Aside from that, Jeanne is also the owner of Tarotworks.com a website dedicated to offering tarot products, classes and services!
I have to say that the beginning of the book really made me smile, I hear so many people go on about knowing the meanings behind the cards and sticking to them so strictly. I have never been that kind of reader, and I've never had an issue interpreting the cards. Jeanne speaks on the importance of the card meanings, and how the meanings can change through the relativity of perception. She also discusses the 'No-No's' of tarot reading like asking something that does not directly affect you.
She also teaches creative freedom when it comes to the layouts and how to create your own fabulous ones! In one instance, she imparts a personal story that occurred during one of her group meetings, having run out of material she decided to create a Thanksgiving Turkey Spread. This story simply solidifies the fact that tarot layouts can come in any shape or size!
Rather than just sectioning up the layouts into 1, 4, or 8 card spreads Jeanne decided to go about it a little differently creating multiple spreads that deal with issues ranging from love and marriage to finances and business! I have to say one of my favorite layouts was the Chakra Spread under the health section!

Overall, I have to say this book is VERY good and I would definitely recommend it for those new to the tarot or who are feeling less than inspired with the divination system. Jeanne's love for the cards comes through loud and clear leaving you feel energized and excited to work with your deck!

Book Info: Paperback, 128 pp,  b/w Schiffer Publishing 2010 ISBN: 978-0-7643-3629-4


TO ORDER TAROT SPREADS AND LAYOUTS CLICK HERE!

Do you have a book you would like to see reviewed here? Email me at Beckahthepsychic@aol.com

*images used with permission from Schiffer Publishing LTD

No comments:

Post a Comment